Bionic Parts


I had heard people get replacement parts although I never though the day would come when I needed one.  Hips, knees and anything you can think of has worn out on people and then needed a newer better part to keep functioning.  Little did I know I was next.

I have always been healthy and went for annual check ups.  Strong as a bull I would tell people.  But just a few years ago when I was sparring there was a big snap in my knee and down I went, a torn meniscus.

I got a brace and things went along fine.  They forecast a knee replacement down the road.  They said I would know when I was ready.  I kept training and suffering and finally the day came.  I polled people that had replacements, Chris Bannon Rodrigues, Billy Blanks, and they said do it!  Here I am now with a total knee replacement.  19 Days later I am walking fine (slowly), have given up the walker and cane and look forward to a great recovery.

Now I know what Grandmaster Kim means when he says martial arts is for health.  Lets train smarter, be healthier and live a long life.  Polish people have a toast "Sto Lat", meaning we hope you live to be a hundred!

Tang Soo For life!
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jack Scott- United Karate Studio- Cookeville, TN

Grandmaster Nick Cerio

Special "K"