Superman


.

Not -“The Superman”

Superman, the roller coaster at Six Flags.  A few weeks ago I had the pleasure to ride this world class roller coaster. I like roller coasters, the speed, the excitement, it;s just fun.  This time I wanted to challenge myself to control my excitement and heart rate as if I were in a combat style encounter where my emotions would be challenged.

I had given it some thought.  I would do long slow breathing just like we do at the beginning and end of martial arts classes.  Muk nyum is a meditation state where you can bring your inner calmness into play as a way to feel centered and balanced.

Even though my nephew was screaming in my ear the entire ride I had a lot of success in managing the stress and elevation of emotions. This did not detract from the ride, I still loved it.  I was happy I was able to practice what I could preach.  This was a perfect situation about adrenaline stress management control.

Mike Bogdanski

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jack Scott- United Karate Studio- Cookeville, TN

Grandmaster Nick Cerio

Special "K"