FEAR

False Expectations Appearing Real

In my opinion your mind is a great asset or liability in martial arts training and combat.  How many times have we doubted ourselves when we truly had all the tools to take care of business but not the confidence to follow through.  I have had tournament experiences where I was psyched out and I know I was the better martial artist and times when I was bouncing in the nightclub and instinct took over and the battle was actually won before the first punch was thrown because of my level of confidence.

Training your mind to kick into gear is a multi pronged approach.

  • Visualize the victory
  • assume it will go just as you plan
  • Be mad that someone would not treat you respectfully
  • Don't be compassionate- some people deserve a beating.
  • The "woofing" that is going on should be like listening in a different language.  The words have no meaning.
  • Don't let the gesturing/physical intimidation get to you.  If they get too close smash them.
  • Don't feel fear, feel domination and confidence by visualizing the total victory
  • Have a calm/focused mind that cannot be beat.
  • Interpret pain as motivation to strengthen your resolve
  • Do the unexpected
  • Deliver with rapid execution
  • Breathe

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jack Scott- United Karate Studio- Cookeville, TN

Grandmaster Nick Cerio

Special "K"