The 8th Wonder of the World

Kevin Thompson
Has been called the 8th wonder of the world.

Devoting his whole life to martial arts Kevin changed the world, just ask anyone that spent time with him.

When I was competing heavily in the 80’s Kevin and I competed in the black belt weapons category many times in the A rated national tournaments.  Even though I was hoping to win I mostly was in awe of his performances in weapons, forms and sparring.

He was known as a triple threat and often won first place in forms weapons and sparring and grand championships with his performances.  One of the greatest matches ever was Kevin versus Steve “nasty’ Anderson.  Nasty was twice as big, equally powerful and fast (the days heavyweight winner) versus Kevin, the lightweight winner.  For sure it was a David and Goliath day.  Kevin took it to Nasty, and with no fear and no reservation beat Nasty to win the Grand championship that day.

I loved his intensity but I more admired what a gentleman he was. Ever polite and respectful I can hear his voice;

‘Honorable Masters and Grandmasters of the martial arts”, my name is Kevin Thompson.
Initially he lived in the shadow of his teacher and was called Little KA but soon surpassed his teacher in every way.

Gone but not forgotten.  He was one of the best modern martial artists ever and deserved the title.
The 8th wonder of the world!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jack Scott- United Karate Studio- Cookeville, TN

Grandmaster Nick Cerio

Special "K"