Training

Here we are training nearly daily in Brazilian Ju Jutsu. I am preparing to take my mid term evaluation for my blue belt rank. I gave been training, training, training. Dozens of techniques, each with its subtleties. Every time I do a technique I fell like I know it a little better.

I am very happy to be learning and honing these techniques. After being in martial arts for 36 years it is easy to become stale. I remember a few years back when I felt like I wasn't learning anything new. I knew there was more to learn but between working and life there was not much time and sometimes not enough motivation. I am happy that the Black Belts have given me pressure (although maybe not intentionally) to learn new material.

This has been good for me, good for the students and good for the philosophy of the school. Many thanks to all, who in many ways, have helped.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jack Scott- United Karate Studio- Cookeville, TN

Grandmaster Nick Cerio

Special "K"