8/15/05

This past weekend I was the best man for a longtime friend. Steve Best and I have known each other since we were 18 years old. He is one of the hardest working Black Belts I have ever seen. He has inspired me to always do better than I think I can and to always do the right thing as a friend.

At age 31, while doing forms at a graduation he suffered a major stroke. He was at deaths door but somehow found the strength to fight off this challenger. That stroke changed his life and challenged him as a fighter in many new ways. He continues to do martial arts, teaching and training. He even performs in tournaments in the handi-capable division with his cane and hi-level intensity.

One of my favorite saying is "When life gives you lemons; make lemonade."

Here's to you Master Best!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jack Scott- United Karate Studio- Cookeville, TN

Grandmaster Nick Cerio

Special "K"